There are several ways to share your story.
Join an activity we are organising:
We are holding a variety of events in our seven river catchment areas with communities. Events we have organised so far include river walks and workshops with community groups such as allotment groups, self-sufficiency groups, historical societies, wildlife interest groups and photography clubs. Check our list of upcoming events.
Suggest a workshop or event for your community group:
We are looking for community groups to host events with. We would be pleased to organise a storytelling workshop or a creative activity to engage local participants around environmental issues. Please get in touch if your group is interested in learning more about river management, water saving or has drought memories to share. We can bring different creative practitioners (e.g. cartoonist, song-writers) and a range of technologies to make short videos and other forms of media.
Send a personal story:
You can present your story in a variety of formats:
- Option 1: Write 250-300 words of story. Illustrate your story with 1-5 drawings or photographs.
- Option 2: Draw and annotate a picture to capture your story. This could be a photograph with text or a PowerPoint slide – with written or audio accompaniment.
- Option 3: Create a digital story – 2-3 minutes of audio accompanied by images. There are a number of ways to do this (email us to contact Antonia and Andrew who would be happy to help you: email@example.com).
- Option 4: An annotated story board (provide link to guidance)
- Option 5: Another medium of your choice!